Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/diamond pendent

Question
hi peter  while going though my grand mother belongings i found some gold and platinum jewelry and one piece looked odd  it was a huge pendent later i decided to have  it checked  and come to find its a 14.63 carat diamond  my question if its got issues there's a crack on bottom inside the stone and  i was wondering  what you would think about heaving the stone turned into two separated ones takeing  the flaws out  the color is good with a cloud near the crack . also would you know a master jeweler who could due this kind of work . im willing to travel and pay what ever price  . thanks rob

Answer
Hi Rob,

This is a very large stone and needs to be evaluated by master diamond cutter. I have worked with cutters in Asia and New York but have not done anything recently. You need to have an expert evaluate the stone. I can't offer any opinion without actually seeing the stone. Contact some of the cutters in New York City and shop prices and ask for refferals. Take you time and be selective, This descision can be a very expensive one. Good luck,

Peter

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta