Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/unknown crystal

Question
crystal
crystal  
hello, I recently found a crystal in a drawer. According to my mom, it was given to me by a family member who has passed away. Could you please tell me the name of the crystal and its properties, if possible?
it would mean the world to me, thank you!

Answer
Be aware that answering your question just from pictures without performing any physical testing is rather difficult, if not impossible. However, having seen my share of rocks and minerals, I can give you my first impression from the attached pictures.
At first glance the specimen looks like a polished rock with no visible crystalline structure. It was probably processed in a rock tumbler to give it the current shape and polish. Most of your specimen is most likely a variety of micro crystalline quartz, probably jasper (red), chert (brown) or agate (banded). The blue color might be some inter-layered turquoise or other silicate mineral (e.g. microcline?). Hard to tell from the picture.
If you want to know more, you may want to consider our free mineral identification services from the Metropolitan State University of Denver as part of our community outreach. For details please see: http://college.earthscienceeducation.net/MINPET/MINID.pdf  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Uwe Richard Kackstaetter, Ph.D. (Dr.K)