Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Tiffany platinum ring bent out of shape after 6 months

SLG wrote at 2013-10-03 13:06:10
I had a very similar problem with my platinum ring from Brilliant Earth - Willow Style.  They also told me it must be something I am doing - but I don't do yoga, ride bikes, open heavy doors, or really do much but sit at a desk all day and type.  There were no scratches or major wear (granted, it's platinum so it's unlikely to show anyway).  They offered to fix for free, but how can I know it won't just happen again?  After much discussion they agreed to reinforce (make the band thicker) for around $250.  Already spent more on the platinum because supposed to hold up better than the gold, and it's a small sized ring so seems like it might have used less platinum to begin with.  At any rate, this seems to be the solution we're sort of stuck with so hopefully it works! Regardless, we're wishing we had just gotten the gold.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas