Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/18KT HGE

Question
vintage ring
vintage ring  

Vintage Ring
Vintage Ring  
I have a ring with these markings on it. Can you give me an idea of what it is made from. Gold in color. This is a very old ring found in family estate. Is there any info you can give me on it. A Value maybe in just the metals?
Thank you, Tammy

Answer
Questions concerning any type of markings or codes on jewelry are outside my field of expertise and are best directed to a jeweler. Because of the stones, a simple density test can not be performed, which would indicate precious metals. There are certain instruments in a jewelry store to test for the presence of gold, silver, and or platinum.
The reddish hue in the metal of the ring as presented by the pictures could indicate the presence of copper (red gold) as an alloy together with precious metals. This, however, is just a hunch without actually examining the ring.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Uwe Richard Kackstaetter, Ph.D. (Dr.K)