Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Diamond cleaning

Question
Hi, i have a gem cleaner that you can put rings in over night, it doesnt say u can put diamonds in it but it doesnt say you cant either. I was wondering if i would be able to clean my diamond in this solution? Or is this something that needs to be specific?

Answer
Hi Rebecca,

A diamond can go in any "Gem" cleaner. It's just soap. The only thing to do is rinse it off thoroughly. You can boil a diamond in sulfuric acid and it wont harm it. The rings can be harmed by different chemicals but not the diamond. Just use one part warm water and add 2 parts Mr. Clean and then use an old soft toothbrush to claean the ring and stones. Good Luck,

Peter

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta