Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Protecting an engagement ring from a wedding band rubbing against it

Cynthia wrote at 2013-03-07 09:56:08
Hi Caroline,

I disagree with the above poster about taking your ring off and only wearing it on special occasions. Its your ring, and you should be able to enjoy it, flaunt it and gaze at it all day if you want! One solution is to wear a Ring Wrapper over your ring when you are being active, doing dishes, gardening, etc. It is a band that you wear over your ring that protects it from damage, and is really comfortable. I know because I have one of each color and I love them!

Hope this helps!

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.