Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/purple quartz

I recently found a 40 lb chunk of purple quartz in a piece of land I have and am suspecting I may find lots more.

Q.1. Do you know of an industry directory/conference/association for wholesale quartz and/or gold buyers?

Q.2. Do you know which industrial uses purple quartz has?  I think its used in water filters but not sure.

Hello Mike
Congratulations on your find! Purple quartz (aka Amethyst) is a variety of quartz that is violet because of presence of cobalt ions in it. However it has most of the properties of quartz, including being piezoelectric.

1. You can contact AGTA or ICA in the Unites States. They are 2 of the largest organizations for gemstone dealers in the US & the world respectively. You might also want to visit the Tucson Gem Fair  to find potential partners or buyers of Purple Quartz.

2. The biggest industry that uses Purple Quartz & Quartz in general is the Gemstone & Watch industry. Watch industry uses it in the quartz movement (but those are mostly synthetic), while gemstone industry cut it, sets it in jewelry & sells it.

I hope that helps.

Best regards
Sambhav Karnawat
IIT Kanpur Alumnus
Suranas Jewelove

Fine Art Deco & Platinum Jewelry
Platinum Wedding Love Bands now available online

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Sambhav Karnawat

I have interest & expertise in Platinum Jewelry & Ruby, from Ruby roughs to polished Rubies to Ruby Jewelry. Anything about Rubies, I'd love to talk!

I have graduated in Science & Technology & Our family has been in the Ruby business for over a century & I have myself been involved in platinum jewelry e-commerce since 2008. I have extensively studied Rubies & stay regularly updated with the current markets, trends, treatments & recent developments. My father has been a speaker at the International Colored Gemstone Association, & Jaipur Jeweler's Association.

Jewelove Suranas Jewelove K.K. Exports, The Ruby People All India Gem & Jewelry Trade Federation Jaipur Jewelers' Associaton Former member International Colored Gemstones Association Former member Jaipur Jeweler's Association

Gem World Diamond World Retail Jeweller

Bachelor of Technology from Indian Insitute of Technology Kanpur, India. Certified Diamond Grader, Diamond Training Institute, Jaipur

Awarded by Smt. Pratibha Devi Patil ,the President of India for Academic Excellence Rated as one of the fastest growing jewelry business presence on facebook.