Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Ruby Ring Identification

Question
Ring
Ring  

maker mark
maker mark  
Hello Sambhav Karnawat, I am asking for your knowledge or expertise about a ring I have purchased from an antique shop. I was not sure of the stones until I cleaned the ring.It has a lot of build up inside,but upon 2-3 cleanings the stones appear to be rubies.I have tried to trace the makers mark and have  had no luck..The ring says SS925 and the mark is a star with a F inside.I appreciate any information you are able to provide. Thank you.

Answer
Hello Elizabeth
I hope you are having a wonderful 2013! SS925 is a stamp code for Sterling Silver 925. I do not know the maker, however. From the photo, the stones do not appear to be natural, they appear to be synthetic. However, it can be determined truly only by seeing in person.

Just a suggestion, you can try ultrasonic cleaning, it might save you a lot of effort.

I hope that helps.

Best regards
Sambhav Karnawat
Suranas Jewelove - Art Deco Fine Jewelry
Platinum Love Bands & Wedding Rings

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Sambhav Karnawat