Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/uncut raw emerald

I have what I think may be a brizilian emerald still enbedded in clear crystal it is a nice chunk about the size of a thumb nail very dark green.I would like to find out if it is worth anything and if so who would be interrested in purchasing it.I am not sure how to find someone who knows the value of these types of stones.

Hi Tracy,
It is best to take your stone to a gem lab so they can examine up close what kind of mineral it is and what it's value is. A gem laboratory will have the tools necessary to tell if it is real brazillian emerald and they will also be able to asses what it's value is for you. Try contacting AGS (American Gem Society) at a gemologist from a gem laboratory will have the tools necessary to estimate the value of an uncut gem. Hope that helps.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.