Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Gold mark identification - possible antique

Ring with mark
Ring with mark  

Ring - front
Ring - front  
First, apologies if you were not the correct person to contact.

I bought this ring (see pictures) at an antiques flea market many years ago. I'm getting ready to sell it and just noticed a mark next to the "10K" stamp that might help me determine if it really is an antique, how old it is, and what the value is.

My thanks in advance.

Hi Irene,

Unfortuntely, the only real way to determine if your jewelry is truly an antique would be by going to an antique jeweler and have the ring inspected by them. Antiques need to be looked at up close and in person by an expert on antique jewelry. The 10k stamp means it is 10 karat gold. Hope that helps.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.