Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Real or Not

My boyfriend bought me a ring. Don't know if it real or not. I don't understand the markings on the ring. The marking on ring reads AGW 1/4 TW   925+1/20 PT

Hi Marilyn,
1/4 TW means that the diamond of the ring is 1/4 of the total carat weight and 925 +1/20 PT means that the ring is a plated silver (the silver being 1/20 of the total weight of the metal.) so it is most likely that the ring is real and that those are it's specifications.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.