Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Tacori engagement ring.

Question
Hi my boyfriend and I have been looking at engagement rings and I have my heart set on a tacori setting it's 2623 rdp and we already purchased the center stone for it which is a round pink moissanite 7mm 1.25 ct there is a version of the setting that is for a .91-1.2 ct center and there's a version for a 1.21-1.80 ct center the price difference is $1,430 which is A LOT so my question is do you think our stone would fit in the smaller of the two settings? Or would we really have to pay $1,430 more just for .05 ct difference?

Answer
Hi Erin,

Tacori as a designer makes settings to order with your specific center stone dimensions. When you already have a center stone they usually also require sending it in for them to set and they charge a certain amount (sometimes a lot) for it. If you feel like you want the "Tacori" stamp in the ring then you would need to buy the proper size from them. Alternatively you can have the ring custom made by Brilliance or another jeweler and save thousands. I can't speak for other jewelers, but with Brilliance you will also save on sales tax and the center stone will be set for free.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon