Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Wanting to no what my ring is worth

Question
What is a 18KT HGE that had 21diomands on it but it's missing 2 an?d it has a circle with A in it.What is it worth

Answer
Hi Tracy,

The "18K HGE" stamp means it is 18 karat heavy gold electroplate. Gold electroplate is basically a basemetal piece of little value. The "diamonds" are questionable. Diamonds are not normally set in goldplated jewelry. Since I cannot test the stones I would guess they are simulants of diamond and worth very little. The circle with an "A" in it is just the makers mark. All in all your ring is costume jewelry and not very valuable. Thanks and good luck,

Peter  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta