Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Diamonds for sale

Question
Thomas my wife and I own island imports in orange park fl we buy gold and silver from our customers as a service to keep them from getting taken at the pawn shops and have collected some diamonds and colored stones I like the site you have and thought you would buy our stones or recommend a place that will buy at a fair price.

Thanks Richard Thomas

Answer
Dear Richard,

I wish I  had a lead for you to sell the gems; unfortunately, I do not know of a particular person or named business who might want to purchase the gems.  Currently we are not dealing directly in jewelry but continue with the Allexperts service.

Back in the previous gold rush some years ago, prices for metals prices got folks excited. Prices were certainly not close to the record highs of today but people were first given great opportunity to sell for quick cash. Any gems went with the metals unless already removed.  We were then doing mostly custom design work and a variety of stones was useful. We wound up buying little diamonds for quite low prices from the gold buyers.

Why did I mention that?  Likely one of the best chances of selling the stones is to jewelers doing custom work and even trade shops who need "replacement" stones, mostly smaller sizes. Expect to sell at quite low prices compared to goods from a diamond house.  You might work an arrangement for a particular jeweler to be an exclusive buyer of the stones.   Obviously, pricing will need to be attractively lower than the normal supplier the jeweler might use. And, to be considered is who puts the labor into removing stones from the metal.

I thought about putting this answer in the custom rejection category, where the question is rejected because I do not have a sufficient answer but can explain my reasoning for the rejection and perhaps have a hint or two two share.  This is not an answer to rate because I do not have a direct answer except, "NO, I don't need stones and don't have a name to give you."  Please try the directions suggested and you should have some success.

A joyous Holiday and Christmas/New Year is prayed for you and your family.  Thomas.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas