Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/gold ring

I have a ring that says 18KT H.G.E. Can you tell me what H.G.E. stands for and what percentage of gold it may contain?

Hi Chris

H.G.E stands for Heavy Gold Electroplate meaning your ring has a thick outer layer of 18k gold. As for the percentage of gold, some rings also have stamps indicating how many percentage of gold the ring has, for yours however, you'd have to go to a jeweler to find out (tests have to be performed on the ring to determine how many percent.) Hope this helps.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.