Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/heating sapphires

Question
i have some greenish sapphires and i would like to improve their color heating them. do you know someone that in Europe can do that treatment? thank you

Answer
Hi Andrea,

Although I'm sure there are people who do heat treatment in Europe I personally don't know any. The folks I know are all in Thailand but just go to local gem shows or lapideries and ask around. It is going to be more expensive than Asia but you have to consider that the stones will have to be repolished, another expense. Careful on the costs because the stones may not be worth enough to cover the costs after treatment. Good Luck,

Peter

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta