Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Old Ring

Question
Ring
Ring  

Ring
Ring  
Hello!  My great aunt recently gave me an old jewelry box containing this ring, teeth, and other assorted goodies. :S  The whole thing was tarnished and completely black.  After cleaning it up, I fell in love.  I've been kind of curious about what kind of stone it is (or glass).  It changes from pale pink to a bright pink depending on the lighting.  I live in a rural area and have not taken it to any specialists.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hi Missy,

You have a great old ring, it is silver and the stone is a mystery to me. The only way to identify it is to test it. Since I can't do that you would need to take it to someone who can do gem identification. It looks like a synthetic color change gem of some kind, like spinel or sapphire. Good Luck

Peter  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta