Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/self pickling flux

Question
Hello, Thomas I am shailesh from India .I am a silver job worker here. we make our flux ourself with borex and ammonium cloride. we have green yelloish liquid which is used in immitation jwellary. My question is which chemicals is used in this flux, and what cause the green yelloish colour? If this question is interfear with your laws of answers policy, you may refuse to give answer.I am science graduate(physics) so I can understand theorical anser too.I am curious by nature so I am asking you this question there is no ill intention of my question. thanks .

Answer
Dear Shailesh, If I had the answers, I would provide to you.

The liquid flux used as "self pickling flux" for soldering silver and other hard soldering contains sodium borate and ammonium chloride. The color is from a dye added and does not affect the flux. Without dye the flux works just at with the added color.

Flux for imitation jewelry might be one of several chemicals or ingredients used for low temperature joining with "soft" or tin based solders.  One product contains ZINC CHLORIDE, HYDROGEN CHLORIDE, AMMONIUM CHLORIDE, WATER and METHANOL. The soft soldering fluz is slightly acidic.

Shailesh, I do not know the measure of each ingredient.

Perhaps this information will be of some value to you.

God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas