Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/925 silver ring

Question
Hi. I have a ring which is 925 silver but on the other side it has CA with what looks like a small capital A above them. It has what seems to me a ruby gem but obviously not sure if that's real either. Can you help please as I can't find what the markings mean anywhere. Thanks.
Sam

Answer
Hi Samantha,

I am not farmiliar with that mark but it probably is the "makers mark" or the manufacturers logo. You would have to search all the marks for all manufacturers. Litterally thousands, you would have to decide if its worth the time. Most times natural ruby is not set in silver so it is most likely a synthetic or simulant. Sorry, that's all I can offer, Good Luck,

Peter

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta