Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Jewelry makers mark

Question
I have a ring (metal content unknown) marked with a A in a circle. Can you tell me whose mark this might be?

Answer
Hi Christy,
Quite a number of jewelers use a mark with an 'A' inside the circle. Some of them would be SEBASTIAN WORLDWIDE, INC. (in Irving), Allegro, Inc. in St. Louis (this one has a slanted A in a circle),Narragansett Jewelry Co., Inc. in PROVIDENCE, RI (the A is a stylized font),CLS, Inc. in Wilmington, (the circle is black and the A is not capitalized), and then Bel-Oro International, Inc. in New York (A inside one big and then one smaller circle.) Hope that helps.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon