Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Marking on my gold earrings

Question
I purchased a pair of gold earrings and one day I was cleaning them and I noticed that they didn't have 14K on them, all I was able to see were these two letters F L on the earrings.I'm praying that I wasn't cheated by the jeweler.

Answer
Hi Gail,

I am not farmiliar with the FL mark but I suspect it may be the manufacturers Mark. Not all earrings are stamped due to the difficulty and lack of area for the stamp. If your concerned about the gold karatage get the gold tested. A gold buyer will test it and tell you the value and karatage in hopes of purchasing it. Good Luck,

Peter

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Peter Lumetta