Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/345 ct black opal

Question
345 ct black opal
345 ct black opal  
could u please give me a rough ballpark price of my 345 ct black opal.

Answer
Hi Joshua ,
wow thats tough, so difficult without holding it in my hand . if it were any other stone it would be a breeze... Harry Winston once said "Diamond easiest ..Opal the hardest to value"
1 it looks much less than semi Black. Why do say its a black Opal ? There was never rough opal of any size from Lightning ridge ...even small rough were cut into stones , unless you have a story whow you came by it to be 345 ct and in the shape It could be from many places  , Ive a piece of andamoooka matrix that has that appearance ...without further info and testing .I would say that very conservatively I would $10/ct on it and you would have a stone worth 3450.00   ...
but thats a big call ... Unless there is some better colour action that Im not seeing .It would far from a filed price ...Youve gotta find someone to love it , then romance it up ...you might get half of that ... best I can do  hope that helps regs Rod  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rod Keady