Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Antique Crested Ring from the Kaiser

Question
Crested Ring
Crested Ring  
Crest Ring
Crest Ring  
QUESTION: I am in possession of a ring which formerly belonged to my father, who passed away three years ago.  The ring was given to him by his father, he said it came from the Kaiser.

Unfortunately, my father had a replica made and the original diamonds are set in this ring, also the back of the ring band has been removed from the original and I believe used to incorporate the 'J' and crown on the replica ring.

I would be most grateful if you could shed further light on the history of the ring.

Many thanks

Diane Ilka

ANSWER: Hi Diane,
It's unfortunate that the original diamonds were set on a replica instead. Although there is still a chance that the diamonds can be restored to the original ring and the original ring be restored as well.
As for the history of the ring, I suggest that you take the rings to an antique expert, someone who specializes in antique jewelry. They would be more knowledgeable about which Kaiser the ring had most likely come from and which Kaiser used the 'J' crest. Hope that helps.

QUESTION: Hello Jonathon

Sorry to bother you again, but can you recommend an antique expert?

Kind regards Diane

Answer
Hi Diane,

http://www.hattonjewels.com/ is a good place in the UK to take your antique to be assesed and valued (also suggested by the Telegraph.uk)

N. Bloom & Son Ltd., the London-based jewelers and silver dealers, run by Ian Harris also might be a good place to take your ring to as they have been featured in Antiques Roadshow UK: https://nbloom.com/aboutus

Goodluck!

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon