Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Markings on gold jewelry

I have a bracelet that is marked "monet" on one side of the clasp and an "O" on the other side?  What is the significance of the O?
I also have a gold necklace with the insignia of a C with a circle around it and the number 74.  Do you know what these markings mean?  Thank you.

Hi Cindy,

The Monet mark might be the name of the company that manufactured your bracelet or, if it was just passed on to you, it might be the name of the previous owner that was engraved on the bracelet. There are several companies with the name Monet in them but the closest seems to be Monet under Liz Claiborne that was around in the late 80s. It is also possible that the O might just be a circle or a part of the trademark. As for the gold necklace, it is possible that the company is Caro74 (by Simon Golub & Sons, Inc. in Seattle, WA) and that's what the C and 7 stands for. Hope those info help.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.