Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Vintage ArtCarved Engagement Ring

I just got engaged yesterday and we had picked out a lovely vintage engagement ring. The jeweler estimated that it was from somewhere around the 1930s. I noticed a maker's mark ArtCarved inside and then what looks like serial number 873735. It looks like there may be tiny words under the ArtCarved by they are worn and illegible. The 8 in the number is also a little worn but I'm pretty sure its an 8. We just thought it would be even more special if we could find out a little more about this ring. I emailed ArtCarved but they said they couldn't help.  I just wondered if the number inside could help us identify the year or something about it.  There is also a 14K mark inside.

Hi Deanna,

I'm sorry to hear that their ArtCarved could not give you any infomation, but I also think the numbers could be a serial number. ArtCarved might have needed the serial numbers for their own production benefit and unfortunately only they can tell you what those numbers mean. The 14K stamp however, typically means that the ring is 14 karat gold. I hope that information has helped.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.