Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/14k gold cuff links

I inherited a set of cuff links and would like to know more about them.  They are in their original hinged box which says 14 karat gold inside the lid.  The back of the cuff links say 14k with a mark of JK ( the JK is overlaid so as to appear one letter). Would appreciate any info you can provide.  Was told by my mother that they date from the 1950s or there abouts.
Thank you in advance for you time and interest.

Hi Lucinda,
My expertise is on diamonds and diamond jewelry, so I think someone whose expertise are antiques will be more of help. But the cuff links do appear to be made of 14 karat gold and 'JK' could either be the mark of the maker or of your grandfather who it belonged to had the initials 'JK'? If you haven't yet, go to the nearest antique jeweler or antique shop, I think you might get more information there, plus they wil be able to examine the cuff links up close. Goodluck.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.