Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Progress of my project and experiment

Question
Unsheathed
Unsheathed  

Balance
Balance  
Dear Thomas,

This is our last year's conversation :
http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgi?m=6&catID=689&expID=18063&qID=5063663

For you to know, the rencong project is in progress and will be finished within the next 3 months.

While waiting for the rencong project to finish, I made an experiment using keris (another Indonesian traditional weapon from Java) by fitting another drilled red jasper to the keris' shaft.

Just want to share with you, this is how it look like.

Answer
Donny,

Your workmanship and design is wonderful as I may see in the photographs.  I understand this weapon is both weapon and object of art, perhaps with spiritual quality.  Obviously, both weapon and sheath are decorated in traditional manners with your personal design.  I am very pleased with this work and see much reason for joy in viewing and holding the keris.

Sometimes, people who contact me here do not come back. This is sad because I am interested in the progress they make in projects and in developing methods of art and craftsmanship.  Donny, thank you very much for sending the photos. This is very appreciated.

God's Blessings and Peace.  Thomas.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas