Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Where can I buy a setting ring?

Dear Thomas,
I bought a loose diamond and need a setting ring for it. Where do you know I can buy a setting ring online from a professional jeweler?

Dear Choo,

I do not know of online shops in your area.A google search might show reputable jewelers within your part of this world and country.  There is an online USA shop I trust at this url:  You need to contact them and ask about doing settings using the diamond owned by the client.  Also, you need to know any added costs from differences in currency value and custom charges for import/export.   Considering added costs from doing this business in another country, I assume you have considered jewelers in your area?  Althought the company I mention has a good reputation as best I know, I am in no position to assure results. It is so much better is the work is done locally within a distance you are able to personally speak with the jewelers or managers of the company.  

I again wish you the very best in getting the diamond set into a jewelry of your choice.
God Blessing to you.   Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.