Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Minor details of polish?

Dear Jonathon,
Do you think a diamond certificate by GIA is better to have stated "minor details of polish" than "minor details of polish not shown"?

Hi Choo,
"Minor details of polish not shown" is a comment from GIA that is common for most diamonds with Internally Flawless (IF) clarity whose detail or extra facet/grove on the girdle or polish mark is not originally plotted on the graphic of the diamond. These days GIA mostly use it just as a disclaimer so there isn't really a marked difference between "minor details of polish" to "minor details of polish not shown". Hope that helps.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.