Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Old white Jade?

Antique White Jade
Antique White Jade  

Green Jade
Green Jade  
I have 2 hand carved jade (?) pieces
I have been told that the fish carving is antique white Jade
The other carving is vintage green jade.
I have included some photos; your professional opinion and/or any feedback would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you so much for your your time and assistance!

Hi Andrea,

This is difficult to answer without performing some testing on your specimens. The term "Jade" is used as a disambiguous term referring usually to two minerals. One is the mineral nephrite which is a greenish mineral belonging to the amphibole mineral group. Amphiboles are often fibrous which can be seen under magnification. The other mineral often traded as Jade is actually the mineral jadeite which belongs to the pyroxene mineral group. The pyroxene jadeite does NOT appear fibrous under magnification. But there are also many minerals traded as Jade that are NOT real Jade.

There are many tests you can do yourself. Here is a website that might be helpful:
I think this might help you answer your question.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Uwe Richard Kackstaetter, Ph.D. (Dr.K)

I can answer questions concerning minerals, mineralogy, gems, metals, and anything that has to do with geology. However, I am NOT a jeweler. Questions about values, settings, gem stone cuts and appraisals are best directed to other experts on this site. I can however aide in the identification of unknown mineral materials. As a public service and part as training for new geoscientists, our university department provides FREE mineral identification for individuals. Please contact me for details or go to for details..

I am a professor of applied geology and mineralogy with many hours of field experience. Furthermore, I enjoy recreational gold prospecting and mineral collecting. As a professor I am engaged in research concerning minerals and their occurrence.

Member of the GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America) as well as the Association of Environmental Geochemists. Member of the GSA (Geologic Society of America) Member of the AIPG (American Institute of Professional Geologists)

Here is a small sampling: Mineral-rock handbook: Rapid-easy mineral-rock determination : written for anyone interested in minerals and rocks - Proctor, Peterson, and Kackstaetter;Macmillan Pub. Co. (New York and Toronto and New York) Physical Geology Laboratory e-Manual [CD-ROM], Kackstaetter, Earth Science Education LLC Colorado Front Range Self-guided Geology Field Trips, Kackstaetter,

Ph.D. in Applied Geology and Mineralogy. I am actively teaching courses in mineralogy and a variety of field courses with mineral collecting opportunities. Background in precious metal exploration.