Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Silver bracelet

Question
1
1  

2
2  

I have this old Silver bracelet from Sri Lanka, and i'm having trouble identifying the type of gemstones it has, they look quite like moonstones but each stone has an asterism effect. could you possibly identify what they are and if its of any worth?

Thanks and Regards
Kavinda.

Answer
Kavinda,

Thank you for your question and choosing to ask me.

The stones in the image seem to be quartz or moonstones but it is impossible to know for sure unless it is examined in person by a gem expert. If you have a certified appraiser in your area that might be a good first step in terms of understanding what these stones are. You also might try submitting these stone to GIA by going to http://www.gia.edu/submit-a-gem-duplicate.

If I can be of any more help please don't hesitate to ask.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon