Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/a diamond ring

I have a ring with a big diamond in it with the markings of 925 then a mark that looks lik a diamond then it says Lind what does the diamond mark mean thank you .

James, I suspect the gemstone is not a diamond. Why? Because it is very unusual for a large diamond to be mounted in sterling silver.  Gold or Platinum are more in keeping with a nice diamond and provide much more security because the metals are substantially stronger than is sterling silver.

Why do I say it is silver? The marking 925 is the legal numerical marking for sterling, showing the metal is 0.925 silver alloyed with another metal, generally copper.

As for the "diamond" symbol and Lind, at first I thought it might be a simulated diamond made by Linde but that does not fit.

I do hope this answer is of benefit. For an evaluation of the gemstone, take it to a certified jeweler appraiser.  If the stone is obviously not a diamond, they may likely tell you that and you will not have to pay for a full appraisal.

God Bless and Peace, Merry Christmas.   Thomas.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.