Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/?gold bullion bar

I came across this what looks like a bar of gold. It has a few stamps on it. One is USA another is a circle with fr inside. It doesn't a magnet is not attracted to it at all and every home test I've done says its real. Can u tell me what the fr stands for?

"FR" is not something I recognize and probably doesn't have any significance. I believe it stands for the jeweler or the manufacturer.

I don't think it should matter where it came from because if its real gold it will be worth the same regardless of what lettering is imprinted on it.

Hope that helps!

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.