Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/HELP WITH IDENTIFICATION/GEMSTONE

Question
UNDER INDOOR/GENERAL LIGHTING
UNDER INDOOR/GENERAL L  
UNDER FLAME LIGHT
UNDER FLAME LIGHT  
QUESTION: I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME IN IDENTIFICATION OF ME "MYSTERY STONE." I TOOK THIS GEMSTONE TO A GEMOLOGIST ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO AND ALL HE COULD TELL ME AT THE TIME WAS THAT THE STONE WAS NOT A SYNTHETIC OR GLASS AND THAT IT WAS DEFINITELY A GENUINE GEMSTONE OF SOME SORT-HE TOLD ME HE HAD NEVER SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE IT AS FAR AS THE TONE/FLASHES OF COLOR IT DISPLAYED IN DIFFERENT LIGHTING CONDITIONS. IN THE SECOND PICTURE YOU CAN SEE THE PINKISH TONE IT TAKES ON UNDER FLAME LIGHT. THE FIRST SHOT WAS TAKEN UNDER NORMAL INDOOR LIGHTING CONDITIONS WHERE IT APPEARS TO BE AN OLIVE GREEN COLOR AND DEPENDING ON THE LIGHTING IT SHOWS RED OR BLUE FLASHES OF COLOR. IT IS APPROX. 22 CTS. AND EXTREMELY CLEAN WITH A REFRACTIVE INDEX OF BETWEEN 1.73-1.74 IN OUTDOOR LIGHTING IT APPEARS TO BE MORE OF A VIBRANT GREEN. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF COLOR CHANGE GEMSTONES AND BASED ON ALL THE FACTORS-I AM LEANING TOWARDS A TURKISH DIASPORE. SORRY ABOUT THE SECOND PICTURE-I SHOULD HAVE WIPED AWAY THE FINGERPRINTS PRIOR TO TAKING THE PICTURE..

ANSWER: I think You should contact the Gemological Institute of America...
They are located in Carlsbad, California you can easily googled them..
Asked them if you can send your stone to them or if they have any geologist that have graduated from them, and are approved by them in your area, you need to bring the stone directly were they can be examined firsthand regards Rolfe

QUESTION: THANKS SO MUCH ROLFE!
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A GEMOLOGIST IN SAN FRANSICO, CA. BY THE NAME OF BARBARA VOLTAIRE? I WAS THINKING OF SENDING HER THE STONE TO CHECK AND GET A REPORT ON IT. SHE SAID THAT SHE DOES NOT OFFER CERTIFICATIONS-ONLY REPORTS. AS FAR AS I KNOW-SERIOUS GEM BUYERS ONLY WANT TO DEAL WITH CERTS-NOT REPORTS. CAN YOU ADVISE? I AM ULTIMATELY LOOKING TO SELL THE GEMSTONE.

Answer
Sorry I have not heard that gemologist in San Francisco as far as I know you need to get a report before anybody would put a value on your item so the report is the first step if it reports and inferior, stone, the value will reflect that if it reports to be a high-grade stone value will also reflect that regards Rolfe

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rolfe Foxwell