Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Enlarging Larimar beads holes

Hi: I have this Larimar beads where the hole is too small for my thread I would like to make them the hole larger What kind of drill bit should I use, I already broke 2 bits inside the holes and can not get them out, What should I do?

Hi Sandra,

Carbide Drill Bit is the strongest drill bit we know of for jewelry manufacturing. Try and get a short length drill bit if possible. In terms of getting out the old drill bits, that would be extremely hard to do and there is no normal operating procedure for it.

Hope that helps. Let me know how it goes!

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon

Any diamond, jewelry or engagement ring related questions. I am a Graduate Gemologist and have extensive experience in the field of Gemology including diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals.

I have been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and am a Gemologist. I also appraise diamonds and jewelry for

Graduate Gemologist and Bachelors in Business Management. Apprenticed under Head Gemologist of for 2 years.