Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Gold ring and chlorine

Question
I had my wedding ring made by reputable jeweler. I used my gold and diamonds from my mothers wedding set. I had it only 5 months and the prongs broke and center diamond lost :(. The jeweler sent it off to be tested and the findings were chlorine damage. I do not use very much bleach and the only pool I have been in was salt...is this possible? I may have bleached whites maybe 6 times and handled them only after the finished in the rinse cycle!! How could this happen????

Answer
Hi Jescole
Sorry to hear that. Chlorine is known to lead to disintegration of prongs. It is quite possible that the bleach may have damaged the prongs. It is always recommended that you remove the ring while using bleach or swimming.
Sambhav Karnawat
Platinum Love Bands by Suranas Jewelove

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Sambhav Karnawat