Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Gold ring and chlorine

I had my wedding ring made by reputable jeweler. I used my gold and diamonds from my mothers wedding set. I had it only 5 months and the prongs broke and center diamond lost :(. The jeweler sent it off to be tested and the findings were chlorine damage. I do not use very much bleach and the only pool I have been in was this possible? I may have bleached whites maybe 6 times and handled them only after the finished in the rinse cycle!! How could this happen????

Hi Jescole
Sorry to hear that. Chlorine is known to lead to disintegration of prongs. It is quite possible that the bleach may have damaged the prongs. It is always recommended that you remove the ring while using bleach or swimming.
Sambhav Karnawat
Platinum Love Bands by Suranas Jewelove

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Sambhav Karnawat

I have interest & expertise in Platinum Jewelry & Ruby, from Ruby roughs to polished Rubies to Ruby Jewelry. Anything about Rubies, I'd love to talk!

I have graduated in Science & Technology & Our family has been in the Ruby business for over a century & I have myself been involved in platinum jewelry e-commerce since 2008. I have extensively studied Rubies & stay regularly updated with the current markets, trends, treatments & recent developments. My father has been a speaker at the International Colored Gemstone Association, & Jaipur Jeweler's Association.

Jewelove Suranas Jewelove K.K. Exports, The Ruby People All India Gem & Jewelry Trade Federation Jaipur Jewelers' Associaton Former member International Colored Gemstones Association Former member Jaipur Jeweler's Association

Gem World Diamond World Retail Jeweller

Bachelor of Technology from Indian Insitute of Technology Kanpur, India. Certified Diamond Grader, Diamond Training Institute, Jaipur

Awarded by Smt. Pratibha Devi Patil ,the President of India for Academic Excellence Rated as one of the fastest growing jewelry business presence on facebook.