Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Engagement Ring Hallmark

Question
Hi!

My fiance bought my engagement ring on eBay. I am wondering if the seller told the truth about where it came from. There seems to be a hallmark stamped on the inside that either looks like two triangles on top of each other (one larger, one smaller) or the initials "AV". Any idea what this could be or whose this could be?

Thanks!!

Answer
Hi Melissa,

Unfortunately, I don't recognize those symbols.

I think what you should do is go to any local Jeweler and have it appraised so they can verify if the diamond you purchased is real and any other material on the ring.

If it is not... I wouldn't worry because you should be able to get a refund from the seller or from ebay/paypal directly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Jonathon

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Jonathon Ohayon