Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/what does R mean

stamp inside band
stamp inside band  

I have a opel ring gold stamped inside band is 14k  R what does R mean? Does this mean it is not real Gold?

Hi Tina,

It could be the makers mark , it may be R  for Rose gold but by your picture it dont seem to be .
No , I must admit I ve seem some unusual marks inside rings lately  .. Im sorry I cant give you a better answer .. but we can be sure It certainly does not  mean its "not real "
best regards Rod  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rod Keady

all info pertaining to australian opals and opal fields is ok. online valuations is difficult but not entirely impossible. Photographs of stones should clearly show weight in carats and scale in mm. naturally photographs of opals are the hardest thing to take as a slight shift in direction displays a new colour or plane

Born into a pioneering opal family , now 48 yrs old , visited every opal field in australia, seen some of the finest stones ever produced . Sold high quality gems to japanese collectors and europeans and Americans
Have an incredible photogallery of opals ...try me !

The Directory of Australian Opal Dealers AGIOA Basel Gem Fair
Iwaki Dinosaur Fair Ibaragi Prefecture Japan
International Jewelry Tokyo .
Hong Kong Jewellery Show , Bankok Jewellery Show, Hiroshima Exhibition of Fine Gems, Tokyo International Jewellery Fair . various gem and jewellery WEBSITES

Sydney Grammar School graduate