Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/95% finished keris

Question
95% finished keris
95% finished keris  
Dear Thomas,

Do you still remember about the keris with mozaic pattern ?
http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgi?m=6&catID=689&expID=18063&qID=5092273

On last week end I received the photo of my 95% finished keris. Please see attachment.

The ornaments is made of silver and synthetic sapphire (if finished, there are 18 pieces of synthetic sapphire). It took me days to think about the best design for the scabbard. Finally, I decided to have geometric pattern in general and have holes in the area formed by the lines (like net).

As I said, it just reached 95% of the completion. Other than mendak (ring placed between the blade and grip), there also other parts are not yet as I expected. But the appearance will not be significantly different from what you see now.

The difficulties is that the smith is not in the same city where I live. I do draw the design, but that's not enough as somehow need to be explained directly to the smith. Also, the one that do the ornaments (including fitting the gems) is the silversmith, not the blacksmith. That means, the blacksmith is responsible only for the blade, scabbard, grip  and related carvings.

The completion will be done after I saw the actual appearance of the keris after it arrived in Jakarta, which is by next week's week-end.

I would like to hear your opinion.

Donny.

Answer
Donny, in my most sincere opinion, I am highly pleased with your new keris.  The scabbard is unlike any form I expected to see yet is quite complementary to the blade.  When the blade is withdrawn, I can almost hear an "Ahhh" sound from the surprised viewer, seeing the beauty of pattern and meteorite in the blade.   There is in this keris much to provide joy to the designer, that is you. When all is complete, please sent photo of blade withdrawn and scabbard with it.  

Thank you very much for this new insight.  God Bless ans Peace.  Thomas.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas