Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Hand blown glass plate

I am so very sorry if i am asking you something I shouldn't be or am asking the wrong person. Maybe you can give me some sort of a hint.

I have had this Cobalt Blue, hand blown glass plate for over 20 years. I just discovered about 10 years ago that on the back, in white print, (right onto the glass)  it says, ferro Murano. Above the name there is a white symbol that sort of looks like a double sided fish hook. I bought this plate in an antique store.

I have been looking for this plate and for this Makers mark for years. I cannot find it. Any ideas, what it might be?

Nikki Othoudt.

Hi Nikki,
As a mineralogist this question is outside of my expertise, unless you want to do some non-destructive materials testing. However, I can try to give you some educated guesses in your hunt to decipher the makers of your plate. I found a collection of glass markings/emblems for you on the internet that might be helpful:
You may also post this question to bona fide Murano glass appraisers (Yes, they do exist) such as
Sorry that I can not be of more help.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Uwe Richard Kackstaetter, Ph.D. (Dr.K)

I can answer questions concerning minerals, mineralogy, gems, metals, and anything that has to do with geology. However, I am NOT a jeweler. Questions about values, settings, gem stone cuts and appraisals are best directed to other experts on this site. I can however aide in the identification of unknown mineral materials. As a public service and part as training for new geoscientists, our university department provides FREE mineral identification for individuals. Please contact me for details or go to for details..

I am a professor of applied geology and mineralogy with many hours of field experience. Furthermore, I enjoy recreational gold prospecting and mineral collecting. As a professor I am engaged in research concerning minerals and their occurrence.

Member of the GPAA (Gold Prospectors Association of America) as well as the Association of Environmental Geochemists. Member of the GSA (Geologic Society of America) Member of the AIPG (American Institute of Professional Geologists)

Here is a small sampling: Mineral-rock handbook: Rapid-easy mineral-rock determination : written for anyone interested in minerals and rocks - Proctor, Peterson, and Kackstaetter;Macmillan Pub. Co. (New York and Toronto and New York) Physical Geology Laboratory e-Manual [CD-ROM], Kackstaetter, Earth Science Education LLC Colorado Front Range Self-guided Geology Field Trips, Kackstaetter,

Ph.D. in Applied Geology and Mineralogy. I am actively teaching courses in mineralogy and a variety of field courses with mineral collecting opportunities. Background in precious metal exploration.