Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/mothers ring with screw on heads

Question
I am a jeweler and have taken in a repair that needs a new head and stone. This mounting is one of those old mothers rings that have the heads that screw on. Do you have any idea where or if I can purchase this type of mounting?
Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Susan

Answer
Susan, this is a tough one. All I had from very old stock are gone.  It is a wild chance but you might try http://www.palomarjewelry.com/.  I seem to recall they sold those styles years ago.
Otherwise, eBay might have some.

If no luck, remove stones which would be damaged by heat, unscrewing the head. Solder on a head as close to the originals as your findings supplier has, set the new stone and be done with it. Advise the customer that the screw on style is essentially discontinued.

I feel for you in this one! Been there more than once.  God Bless and peace.  Thomas.  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas