Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Wedding Band Style for Husband

My fiance and I ordered his wedding ring online. When he got it, everything was great about it except that it looked funny on his finger. We got a white gold domed comfort fit ring 1.5 mm thick. He has short chubby fingers with big knuckles so although it fit him, it looked like it was too small. What style do you suggest is best for someone with fingers like him?

Dear Leeana,

Does the finger skin puff up a little on the edges of the band?  If so, he can likely benefit from a wider band.  Otherwise, my best recommendation is simply to visit several jewelers and he should try on different styles.  We can guess what might look best but in reality, the only way to know that both of you like the looks of a band is to see it on his finger.  This seems a troublesome approach but is the only way to truly know how a particular style fits his finger proportions.

God Bless and Peace. Best wishes in this quest for a proper looking wedding band.    Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.