Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Green opaque rough like an eraser?

In Belize last week, we found a green, opaque, chalky looking rough stone that looked almost exactly like a green rubber eraser. It didn't have sharp sides, but rather looked almost folded. I did not get a picture. It was found in a "gravel" parking lot so it may not have been native to Ambergris Caye or even to Belize. Any ideas would help assauge our curiosity. Thank you!

hello you need to bring this into a gemologist or perhaps a rock cutter its best that they see it
right in front of them as opposed to a photo.... Try calling the Gemological Institute of America you can Google that they are in Carlsbad California they have many graduates all over the country you could ask them if there is one near your location..if you find a local person usually there will be no charge but you should ask before it is examined.
regards Rolfe

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rolfe Foxwell

I will answer any questions regarding semi-precious stones or precious stones. I will answer questions regarding mounting both semi-precious and precious stones. I can also answer most questions regarding small manufacturing. I can not answer questions regarding casting or fine jewelry.

I am a small manufacturer of jewelry for semi-precious stones. I have been working in this area for 10 years. Our Major stones are Larimar (from the Caribbean) and Dichroic ( a man made crystal ). The majority of our work is in silver and 14k gold. We do not deal in fine jewelry such as diamonds..