Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Stone identification

I received a rather odd necklace from an ex boyfriend of mine, and I've always been curious what it is. The gemstones themselves are much heavier than they look, and look either pale pink or pale peach. In the sunlight they look almost clear though. I've tried the glass test and I can carve into glass. They reflect off of light beautifully. However a very uninspiring silver clasp appears to have been added into it and they are on a thick strand of some very durable material, but it does not appear to be metal of any kind , so I am apprehensive to assume that the stones are as nice as they seem to me when looking at them on their own apart from the unimpressive accessory parts paired with it.

Hi Rachel
The necklace can be made in several non-precious metals such as steel. The gemstones, if real, may be semi-precious gems, but that seems unlikely based on your description. They are most probably either coloured CZ or just synthetic stones. I'd recommend that you have them tested at a gemology lab near you for verification.
Sambhav Karnawat

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Sambhav Karnawat

I have interest & expertise in Platinum Jewelry & Ruby, from Ruby roughs to polished Rubies to Ruby Jewelry. Anything about Rubies, I'd love to talk!

I have graduated in Science & Technology & Our family has been in the Ruby business for over a century & I have myself been involved in platinum jewelry e-commerce since 2008. I have extensively studied Rubies & stay regularly updated with the current markets, trends, treatments & recent developments. My father has been a speaker at the International Colored Gemstone Association, & Jaipur Jeweler's Association.

Jewelove Suranas Jewelove K.K. Exports, The Ruby People All India Gem & Jewelry Trade Federation Jaipur Jewelers' Associaton Former member International Colored Gemstones Association Former member Jaipur Jeweler's Association

Gem World Diamond World Retail Jeweller

Bachelor of Technology from Indian Insitute of Technology Kanpur, India. Certified Diamond Grader, Diamond Training Institute, Jaipur

Awarded by Smt. Pratibha Devi Patil ,the President of India for Academic Excellence Rated as one of the fastest growing jewelry business presence on facebook.