Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/incised hallmark on emerald ring

emerald ring 2
emerald ring 2  
emerald ring 1
emerald ring 1  
QUESTION: Hello, I have an 18K emerald and diamond ring bought from an estate which I cannot identify.  The hallmark looks like "LSC" but it is incised in the gallery of the ring.  This made me rule out Leo Schachter as all I have found is a stamped "LSC" for his jewelry.  If you can help me identify the maker, I'd much appreciate it.

ANSWER: I am sorry I cannot help you with this hallmark although I would recommend you to be careful if you leave your ring out of sight or overnight for examination or any kind of appraisal since is always a possibility of the stones being changed...
Regards Rolfe

QUESTION: Hi again, Rolfe.  Although the hallmark remains a mystery, might you have some idea of it's value?  It's a very nicely colored emerald 1.25ct. with 24 VS F/G diamonds, 18K. That is about all I can determine through my loop.  Thanks.

sorry I really can not help you out on appraising the value it's not in my expertise.... You may want to check with GIA in Carlsbad California..... On Google and they can provide you a complete analysis of stones for analysis of the stones....
regards rolfe  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rolfe Foxwell

I will answer any questions regarding semi-precious stones or precious stones. I will answer questions regarding mounting both semi-precious and precious stones. I can also answer most questions regarding small manufacturing. I can not answer questions regarding casting or fine jewelry.

I am a small manufacturer of jewelry for semi-precious stones. I have been working in this area for 10 years. Our Major stones are Larimar (from the Caribbean) and Dichroic ( a man made crystal ). The majority of our work is in silver and 14k gold. We do not deal in fine jewelry such as diamonds..