Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Carving amethyst

Necklace shape
Necklace shape  
Dear Mr Rolfe Foxwell,

Please could you tell me if it is possible to make a necklace the shape of the necklace in the picture, but entirely out of amethyst, instead of metal? My friend says she thinks it isn't, but she's not certain. If so, why not? Is amethyst too fragile?

Thank you very much!

hello I think you are asking if you can make a amethyst pendant for a necklace....
a necklace refers to something that goes all the way around your neck the photo is of a pendant...
You need to go to a goldsmith or silversmith that makes his own jewelry... While I am not an expert on amethyst I would think triangle pieces could be put together.... And it is not a fragile stone...
Regards Rolfe

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Rolfe Foxwell

I will answer any questions regarding semi-precious stones or precious stones. I will answer questions regarding mounting both semi-precious and precious stones. I can also answer most questions regarding small manufacturing. I can not answer questions regarding casting or fine jewelry.

I am a small manufacturer of jewelry for semi-precious stones. I have been working in this area for 10 years. Our Major stones are Larimar (from the Caribbean) and Dichroic ( a man made crystal ). The majority of our work is in silver and 14k gold. We do not deal in fine jewelry such as diamonds..