Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Gold Baby ring 54 years old

I am trying to find the value of my baby ring it is 14 kt gold weighs .6 oz the markings on the back read 14 kt B&F
It was Purchased in 1960 in Paterson New Jersey.If that helps

Dear Charles,

The only accurate means to put a value on the ring is to have a seller of estate jewelry appraise the ring.  Gold buyers will tell you the value for the metal, as if scrap only and not a fair market value.  Estate jewelry dealers specialize in older jewelry items and this does not mean visiting an antique store.  The company in the link does excellent appraisal work and deal often in older and estate items. I recommend you contact them with your question and see if they are able to recommend a reputable contact in your area.  It looks like they are reworking the website but there appears to be a contact link. They are located here:   Franklin Square LP, 9648 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37922
Phone:(865) 693-3097

Best Wishes and God Bless.  Thomas  

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.