Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/markings on inside of ring

ring engravement?
ring engravement?  
I bought a ring for $10... It is beautiful, and when I looked on the inside of it, it reads " 14KT GE TAIWANEI or E1 then CC. I have never seen a marking such as this. Can you help me to find out what it stands for?

Dear Brooke,

Do you see any "wrinkle" looking areas on the band section or areas where the metal is darker than other place?  Look mostly on edges and on ends of prong tips.  You are looking for signs of an electroplated surface.  I may be totally wrong here but suspect the GE refers to gold electroplate.

It is a pretty ring.  I would need to have it in hand to test and to examine any gems to see if the final letters of the mark could refer to the stones. Other than that, I do not know what the E1 and CC mean. These could be proprietary markings from the manufacturer.  

If it is plated, everyday wear will limit the useful life of the ring. Be gentle with it and you should able to enjoy this $10 find for a good season. A jeweler should be able to check the ring to see it is indeed 14k or is plated with a layer of 14k gold.

God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Have a question about jewelry repair or working with precious metal jewelry and gemstones? For many years up to December 31, 2010, I was a working professional bench jeweler, involved everyday with setting stones in mountings, designing and making jewelry, repairing and limited custom manufacture. If you work with jewelry as a hobby or as a profession, I might be able to help. I deal with the retail business, not mass production. Ask privately if you wish. See the box for that: It keeps your question between us. Please DO NOT ask MAKER'S MARKS, but metal quality marks are fine to ask. Please DO NOT ask diamond prices. See a gemologist for that.

I have extensive experience in design, service and making of jewelry. I deal mostly with precious metals and gemstones but work with many materials as needed and usable to create an artistic design. My experience also includes freelance photography and photographer of jewelry and similar items for a former employer and individuals. Design of custom items requires reading the desires of the client and being clear on what can be done within that framework...then fulfilling the transition of idea to reality. Effective communications is essential in a working designer/producer and customer relationship.

Education is English/Physics! Started in human resources, to advertising, to, what a road. I have had formal training in jewelry work and many shared experiences with top grade jewelers. We just never know were we will go or be. Follow your best, your dreams, with some discretion! Don't let the work tear up your body along the way as it has mine.