Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Unidentified Ring

Question
Ring 1
Ring 1  

Ring 2
Ring 2  
Hi there,

During a renovation, I came across a ring hidden behind some insulation and I'm interested in knowing if it has any significance.  The red stone appears to be synthetic and weighs .8 grams.  The gold is 10k, weighing 1.8 grams.  There is a small stamp beside the "10k" that could be a sword with an "F" between the blade and the hilt.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joel

Answer
Dear Joel, as with most of the other experts on this site, I do not try and identify manufacturers because unless the mark is readily known or familiar, chasing down that info is like a rabbit chase on the rabbit's path. Soon enough the critter is out of sight.  I would have to go to estate or jewelry auction sites in the hope of finding the same mark as your "could be a sword with an "F" between the blade and the hilt".

What I can tell you is that the stamping is done according to the Federal regulations with makers symbol stamped close to the karat quality mark, meaning the ring is most likely what is stamped, that being 10k gold.  Rings of this style are most often seen in 10k and with simulated gems.  If the stone is in good condition and not abraded, it is likely man made synthetic sapphire, red color for ruby.  This could be from around 1950's.

Hope this helps some.
God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas