Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals/Unknown ring

Question
Ring 1
Ring 1  

Ring 2
Ring 2  
I'm afraid I know nothing about gems and metals in jewlery. This ring could be very well made out of tin for all I know, but I would really like to know more about it.

It is made of four small greenish gems, which are surrounded by four clusters of small clear gems.
The marks on the inside of ring itself include the letters DIA, a set of scales with the number 375, 375 on its own, and an anchor. Excuse my lack of basic jewlery knowledge but I would love to know what all of this means.

I don't expect it to be anything special, but I'm curious about the materials it is made from. My apologies for the poor quality of the images and lack of details but I would love to hear any information you could give me

Many thanks, Karen

Answer
Karen,

You have a 9 karat gold ring. I suspect the green stones are commercial grade emeralds, I cannot possibly say what the clear gems might be.

How do I know this?  The stampings are part of the United Kingdom system of marking precious metals. 375 is the numerical equivalent of 9 karat.  0.375 x 24k( pure gold) = 9.  That is the math part of it. The UK is one of very few places recognizing and producing 9 karat gold. The hallmarking system is very revealing, sometimes having a letter which helps identify date of marking.  Jewelry and sterling tableware have been hallmarked in the UK for many, many years.
https://assayofficebirmingham.com/help-with-hallmarks/anatomy-of-a-hallmark

SCALES---the scales are a "control mark", showing generally with in the balance cups information on the quality of metal. Look in the chart on this link for scales.
http://www.astralaspects.biz/shop/custservice/hallmarks.html

Karen, there you are!  God Bless and Peace.  Thomas.  Enjoy the ring..afterall, it is gold.

Jewelry, Gems, & Minerals

Thomas